Kids Are the Future
It’s so important for kids to have tools and supports they need to be successful. We know that sometimes Moms and Dads and caregivers of all kinds can’t do it all by themselves and it’s important that you know we are here to help. Your concern for your child’s well being is demonstrated when you reach out to others.
Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters (BGCBigs) serves around 5,300 children and youth between the ages of 6 and 24. Regardless of their circumstances and background, we have a program to meet their needs and help them grow into thriving young people. We do that by providing a variety of mentoring and after school programs. Ultimately, we want to provide kids with the healthy relationships and enriching experiences they need to understand their full potential and go out there and grab it.
Our programs increase kids’ confidence and self-esteem, improve their grades in school, help them have positive interactions with peers and adults, and keep them out of trouble.
IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD
IN YOUR SCHOOL
IN THE COMMUNITY
What To Expect
- Ensure the safety of our children and youth and our volunteers.
- Work with you to match your child with a volunteer or program where their interests and availability are considered.
- Assign a direct contact person to provide support and answer your questions
- Provide orientation and training so you know what to expect.
- Help ensure the child is successful.
- Work with us to make sure your child’s needs are met
- Support your child in building relationships and/or participating in programming
- Talk, listen, support, guide, encourage – believe in them and help them believe in themselves.
- Keep our staff informed about any changes and progress
- Keep in touch with your staff contact person and ask questions as they arise. We also really like hearing about your experiences!