Thank you so much for your interest in supporting the healthy development of a young person through volunteer mentoring.Click here to complete our online application form. (Please note, you will be redirected to Alberta Mentoring Partnership for completion of this form. The information you provide will remain in the strictest of confidence.) After you complete your application please close the window to return to this page.
- People who care about the futures of children and youth
- People who want to make a difference
- People who want to share their time and experiences
- People who want to have fun and learn about themselves and others
- Our volunteers are not expected to provide for their mentees in the same way as a parent or caregiver.
- Build a special friendship with a young person and have fun together.
- Talk, listen, support, guide, encourage – believe in them and help them believe in themselves.
- Keep others informed about what you’re doing.
- Keep in touch with your staff contact person and ask questions as they arise. (We also really like hearing about your experiences!)
- Provide a safe, responsible environment for the child in your care.
- Work with you to match you with a young person or program where your interests and availability are considered.
- Assign a direct contact person and establish expectations and follow up requirements.
- Provide orientation and training so you know what to expect.
- Help you be successful.