PRISM (Pride, Respect, Identity, Safety, Mentoring)PRISM is a mentoring program designed specifically for the 2SLGBTQ+ community in Edmonton.
PRISM Program for BGCBigs
PRISM is a mentoring program designed specifically for the 2SLGBTQ+ community in Edmonton.
The PRISM program matches children and youth who identify as 2SLGBTQ+ with an adult mentor who also identifies as 2SLGBTQ+ for a 1:1 mentoring relationship. Through regular outings, the match will foster a friendship that is supportive, empowering and fun!
The purpose of a PRISM match is to:
- Provide role models for 2SLGBTQ+ children and youth
- Foster pride and self-confidence
- Create connections within Edmonton’s 2SLGBTQ+ community
- Offer 2SLGBTQ+ children and youth a safe adult mentor to have conversations with, provide support and celebrate who they are
- and above all, have fun!
To participate in PRISM:
- Mentees self identify as 2SLGBTQ+, are between 6-24 years old, and want a mentor who identifies as 2SLGBTQ+
- Mentors self identify as 2SLGBTQ+, are a minimum of 18 years old, and want to be matched with a mentee who identifies as 2SLGBTQ+
- Time commitment of 1 year