This in-school mentoring program is a way to get involved with a child. It allows volunteer in-school mentors to share time with a mentee in their school during the school day. In-school mentors meet with their mentee following the 20-20-20 rule: 20 minutes of getting to know each other and catching up, 20 minutes of school work, and 20 minutes of free time. In addition to friendship and overall support, the focus is on literacy and homework.
Right now, we are looking for volunteers in the following schools:
- Delton (12126 89 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5B 3W4)
- John A McDougall (10930 107 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5H 2Z4)
- Eastglen (11430 68 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5B 1P1)
- St. Alphonsus (11624 81 ST, Edmonton, AB T5B 2S2)
- Spruce Avenue (1424 102 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5G 2E7)
- Abbott (12045 34 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5W 1Z5)
- Ivor Dent (11010 32 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5W 1Y7)
- Norwood (9520 111 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5G 0A6)
- Escuela Mill Creek (9735 80 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 1S8)
- Kate Chegwin (3119 48 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6L 6P5)
- TD Baker (1750 Mill Woods Rd E, Edmonton, AB T6L 5C5)
- Thelma Chalifoux (2781 43a Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6T 1G7)
- Kisêwâtisiwin (1434 80 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6K 2C6)
Mentees: Kids between 6 and 18 who need extra support with their schoolwork.
Mentor: Anyone over 18 who would like to help a child do better in school
Minimum Commitment: 1 hour per week throughout the school year
Availability: We run in-school mentoring programs at schools in Edmonton, Sherwood Park, Parkland and St. Albert.
When & Where: At the same time each week during the school day at a child’s school