Are you looking for some no or low-cost activities to do this Family Day Weekend in and around Edmonton? If so, you’re in luck!
We’ve compiled a shortlist that you and your Little’s or Families can participate in (if you have any others, please leave them in the comments!):
- Silver Skate Festival February 11 – 21 at William Hawrelak Park. A free, family-oriented festival in Edmonton’s river valley. https://silverskate.ca/
- Devon Family Day February 17 -12 in the town of Devon. There will be a free scavenger hunt, ice skating, hot chocolate, snow painting and more. https://www.devondispatch.ca/news/local-news/no-shortage-of-activities-to-mark-family-day-weekend
- Skate ‘n’ Sleigh February 19 1:00 to 4:00 at the Boonie Doon Centre NW Parking Lot 8330 82 Ave. A free family event with horse-drawn sleigh rides, and more fun. https://www.bonniedoonshoppingcentre.com/events/bonniedoon-skate-n-sleigh-is-back
- Winter at the University of Alberta Botanic Garden Family February 17 – 21 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. Take part in some classic Canadian outdoor activities, snowshoeing, sledding, games then pull up a chair around a fire. Price ranges from $5 to $18.75. https://botanicgarden.ualberta.ca/all-canadian-winter-2/
- Edmonton Public Library is holding free online activities. Visit your nearest EPL branch for more on in-person events.